Invite Laurence Pringle to meet your students and...
- Nurture their writing and research skills
- Give them "behind-the-scenes" details of the creation of great nonfiction books
- Show students that they and an acclaimed author face the same challenges and rewards in the process of writing
- Excite their interest in nature, science, biography, and other nonfiction literature
- Support today's education goals by helping students better understand informational texts
- Entertain a wide range of grades with varied programs (up to six a day)
Laurence Pringle - Children's Nonfiction Books
- one of the nation's most popular and honored authors of nonfiction for children
- his books about frogs, scorpions, sharks, other animals, and history are eagerly sought in school and public libraries
- his books are often praised for their "dynamic prose," "well-woven narrative," and for being "enthusiastic and wonderfully informative"
- his books are often called "a must-have addition to science collections"
- and, the kid-appeal and clear style of Laurence Pringle's books makes them ideal for teaching students how to write nonfiction